Are you in the process of trying to buy a fur coat or a fur product? Then you will be all too aware of the debate. Fur has become one of the most commonly debated parts of the fashion industry today – a massive talking point that can seem confusing in the extreme. If you are new to the discussion, you might see faux fur being described as the ‘ethical’ and ‘environmentally friendly’ choice. But is this true?
It depends on what angle you look at. While faux fur involves no animals being harmed in their creation, it also has another problem: the creation process is environmentally damaging. Most of the ingredients in faux fur are man-made and synthetic. This involves chemical and manufacturing processes that have an environmental impact. The main issue, though, is the time that it will take a faux fur product to break down. Given a faux fur product will last for a fraction of the time that a real fur product does, is this a problem?
Many within the industry have found that the main problem isn’t so much the here-and-now, but the consequences decades from now. Why? Because faux fur does not degrade at anything like the same pace.
Faux fur is shown to take much longer to break down than real fur products
Buy a real fur coat, and you could really get decades of happiness to wear out of that coat before it is in need of replacement. Buy a faux fur coat, though, and you could soon be looking at a coat that needs repaired, replaced, or binned within a few short years. The materials are not as sturdy as real fur, they degrade much faster, and they, therefore, need to be thrown into a landfill site much quicker than a real product.
Outside of the years of actual usage that you get, it comes down to the erosion factor as well. Put fake fur products into a landfill site, and it will exceed the lifespan of a real fur coat by at least one hundred years. That might sound good, but the coat was out of wearable condition many years ago – it now takes many years to break down due to the materials used to build the coat in the first place.
This means that it could lie there degrading in a landfill site for many years, taking up valuable space. Also, the materials used to make such a coat often means that it could have a detrimental impact on the land once it has finally broken down to its essential form.
Cared for properly, you could hand over a real fur coat to a family member or friend and still have it in prime condition years after the purchase. When was the last time, though, you heard of someone passing on a fake fur coat or a fake fur accessory?
It’s unheard of because the only places that gets longevity out of faux fur products are dumps and landfill sites. While there are genuine ethical issues within the fur industry, there is no guarantee that the ‘healthier’ fake fur industry is going to be any better – arguably worse – for the environment as the decades roll by.
We know what to expect from real fur – can we truthfully say that about the alternative?
How To Wear Accessories With OOTDs For Men
When it comes to accessorizing your outfit, less is more. You don’t want to overdo it and look like you’re trying too hard. A few simple, well-chosen accessories can really elevate your look.
Here are some tips on how to wear accessories with your OOTDs:
- Choose one or two key pieces that will complement your outfit. This could be a statement necklace or a gold watch. You can go for more understated pieces if you’re going for a more casual look.
- Keep the rest of your accessories simple and understated. This means avoiding chunky jewelry or multiple rings. You can just stick to a few small pieces that won’t overwhelm your look like black rings for men or a simple pendant necklace.
- Make sure your accessories are proportionate to your body size. If you’re on the taller side, you can get away with wearing bigger pieces. But if you’re on the shorter side, stick to smaller pieces so as not to look overwhelmed.
- Incorporate texture into your look with different materials and finishes to add interest. Mix and match metals, and experiment with different materials like leather, wood, or fabric.
- Use accessories to add a pop of color to your outfit. This could be in the form of a brightly colored scarf or a statement-making pair of shoes.
- And last but not least, have fun with it! Accessorizing is all about expressing your personal style. So don’t be afraid to experiment and mix things up. Try out different combinations until you find something that you’re comfortable with and that makes you feel great.
How to mix and match colors for your OOTDs
Color is one of the most important aspects of an outfit. The right colors can really make or break a look. But with so many different hues and shades to choose from, it can be tricky to know how to mix and match colors for your OOTDs.
Here are some tips on how to mix and match colors for your OOTDs:
- Stick to a limited color palette. This will make it easier to mix and match different pieces without things looking too chaotic. For example, you could choose a basic black and white color scheme and then add in one or two accent colors.
- Use the color wheel as a guide. Different colors can be combined together based on their position on the color wheel. Colors that are next to each other on the wheel (such as blue and green) are considered to be complementary colors and work well together. Colors that are opposite each other on the wheel (such as red and green) are called contrasting colors and can also be used together to create a striking look.
- Consider the occasion. The colors you choose for your outfit will also be dependent on the occasion. For example, you would probably not wear the same outfit to a wedding as you would to the beach.
- Think about the message you want to convey. The colors you choose can also send a message about your personality and the kind of message you want to convey. For example, wearing all black can give off a more serious and mysterious vibe, while wearing all white can make you look angelic and pure.
- Use color to highlight your best features. Wearing certain colors can also help to accentuate your best features and downplay any areas that you’re not so confident about. For example, if you want to highlight your eyes, you could wear a shirt in a color that brings out the green in your irises.
- And last but not least, have fun with it! Don’t be afraid to experiment with different color combinations. The only way to find out what works for you is to try out different things. So go ahead and play around with different colors until you find a combination that you love.
5 Injuries Caused by Repetitive Movements of the Arm or Wrist
Injuries caused by repetitive movements can be life-changing, but you can take steps to prevent them. It’s important to know that repetitive movements are the nature of many jobs—and that it can take a long time for them to become a problem.
Repetitive movements are one of the most common causes of injury in the workplace, but they’re not always easy to spot or prevent. In fact, it may take years before an injury occurs, and even longer for someone who has been injured by repetitive movements to get back on their feet again.
Even once these injuries occur, many people are afraid to seek help because they don’t want their coworkers or employers to know they’ve had an injury. As a result, they may suffer from long-term disability and other issues related to their injuries.
If you job demands repetitive movements, it’s important to see a doctor for cortisone injection Montreal!
Understanding Repetitive Strain Injury
Repetitive strain injury (RSI) is a work-related condition caused by frequent, repetitive movements of the hands or wrists. It can occur in any job that requires repetitive hand and arm movements, such as typing, using a computer mouse, or playing a musical instrument.
RSI may affect the neck, shoulder, elbow and wrist joints. Symptoms include pain in the affected joints and muscles; numbness or tingling in the hands; weakness; difficulty gripping objects; clicking noises in the shoulder joint; and muscle fatigue.
1. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
This is probably the most common injury associated with repetitive movements. It occurs when there is pressure on the median nerve that runs through a narrow passageway at the wrist called “carpal tunnel.” The symptoms include numbness, tingling, weakness and pain in the hand and wrist. If it’s not treated properly, it can lead to permanent nerve damage.
2. Ulnar Nerve Compression
This injury is caused by compression of one of two nerves at your elbow—ulnar or radial—that control movement in your hand and fingers. Symptoms include numbness or weakness in your hand, especially if you use it for gripping objects such as tools or sports equipment like bats and racquets. If left untreated, it can result in permanent disability due to paralysis or muscle wasting (atrophy).
3. Rotator Cuff Tears
These tears occur when tendons holding rotator cuff muscles together (rotator cuff) become inflamed. The rotator cuff is a group of four muscles and their tendons that stabilize your shoulder joint. These tendons can tear due to overuse, such as from repetitive movements, such as typing. When the tendon becomes inflamed it causes pain in the shoulder and sometimes weakness in the arm.
4. De Quervain Syndrome
This syndrome occurs when tendons that hold muscles tense in your wrist become inflamed. It typically affects people who perform repetitive movements with their thumb and index finger, such as buttoning shirts or opening bottles. If you have this condition, you may experience pain, tenderness and swelling of the thumb side of your wrist near your thumb joint.
5. Tennis Elbow
This injury occurs when muscles around elbow become strained due to repetitive use, leading to inflammation and pain on the outside of elbow. Treatment usually involves icing and strengthening exercises but if symptoms persist surgery may be required.
8 Benefits of Hair Extensions for Your Look
Not everyone is blessed with long, voluminous hair. Even those that are can’t change the length or thickness of their hair whenever they wish to. Luckily, there are hair extensions that can make your hair look flawless instantly. There is a series of benefits of hair extensions, as they can drastically change and improve your look. Read on to find out what the benefits of hair extensions are, and why you should consider getting them.
1. Hair extensions can conceal a hair disaster
Regardless of whether you tried to cut or dye your hair on your own and failed, or you went to a hair salon and got disappointed, hair extensions shall come to the rescue. They are highly effective when it comes to making hair look fuller and/or longer. Therefore, no matter what happened to your hair, be that it was cut too short, or even ruined with bleach, hair extensions can cover the mess and the hair disaster can remain your secret.
2. You get a red carpet-ready look in a flash
Another advantage of hair extensions is that you can get ready for any occasion extremely quickly. For example, you can get extensions that are pre-styled, or pre-style them yourself, just clip them on and you have glamorous hair in an instant. They are perfect whenever you wish to add volume and/or length, regardless of whether you want to wear them for a special occasion, such as your prom night, or you wish to have flawless hair every day.
3. You get to experiment with different styles
You may never get bored of your hair if you choose to buy hair wefts. If you have thin hair, for example, you can use them to make it appear fuller. If you choose the wefts that are the same color as your hair, they are perfect for everyday use. On the other hand, you can spice things up by adding hair extensions that are of a different color than your natural hair. The bigger the difference in the color between your hair and the extensions, the bolder the look will be. There are different types of hair extensions you can choose from, including clip-in and tape-in extensions, as well as clip-in ponytails.
4. You won’t damage your natural hair
If you like to style your hair with heat regularly, or frequently color your hair, hair extensions can help you give your natural hair a break. For example, you may style your hair by only using heat on your wefts, or add highlights to your hair by only bleaching and coloring your extensions or buying extensions that are of a different color than your hair. What is more, some extensions, such as clip-in extensions won’t damage your natural hair because no glue is used to put them on.
5. They are easy to maintain and can last you a long time
Hair extensions do need to be cared for, but they are quite low maintenance. For example, you need to wash your clip-in hair extensions only every twenty wears, or sometimes earlier if there is any need. In addition to that, clip-in hair extensions made of human hair, for instance, can last from three to six months, meaning that, if you take care of your extensions, you may only need to buy new ones two times a year in order to be able to wear them every day.
6. You can switch up the length whenever you please
The downside to getting a haircut is that you can’t just change your mind and have your natural long hair back. However, hair wefts make it possible for you to have long hair again without having to wait for it to grow back. You may pick any length as you please, be that from your neckline or down to your tail bone, and rock it for however long you desire.
7. Hair extensions add volume to fine hair
Hair wefts aren’t only for those who wish for longer hair or want to have multi-colored hair, but aren’t keen on dying their own hair. You can preserve your length and color if you’re satisfied with it, and use hair wefts to add volume to your hair. That can be the perfect solution for those who have very thin hair that looks flat. Hair extensions are bound to make your hair look fuller.
8. Hair wefts look like natural hair
Lastly, if installed correctly, hair extensions can look like your real hair so much so that no one would be able to tell that you’re wearing them. There are two major types of hair extensions – human hair wefts and synthetic wefts. Synthetic hair extensions can be made of acrylic, nylon, or polyester. Naturally, human hair extensions look exactly like real hair, but synthetic ones, which were made to mimic real hair, can also look outstandingly real. It’s up to you to choose the ones you find suit you best.
On a final note
As you can tell, hair extensions can be a great option for anyone, and especially for those with thin and/or short hair. Not only that, but you can switch up your look whenever you want, adding different colors, or experimenting with various lengths. They are suitable for any occasion, from going to a party to going to work.
- Biography2 years ago
Autumn Falls Bio, Life, Career, Nationality
- 242 years ago
Andy Samberg Wife, Daughter, Networth
- Astrology2 years ago
Angel Number 6666 Meaning
- Jewelry Guide2 years ago
Ring Size Chart: 4 Ways to Measure Finger Ring Size
- 112 years ago
Wouldn’t You Like To Know Weather Boy Meme – Real OR Fake
- Fashion2 years ago
BLACKPINK – Ice Cream (with Selena Gomez)
- Biografie2 years ago
Kinsey Wolanski (Model) Wiki, Bio, Alter, Größe, Gewicht, Freund, Familie, Karriere, Vermögen, Fakten
- 312 years ago
Hailey Baldwin: Net Worth, Height, Age, Weight, Mom, Dad And More